Tuesday 31 January 2012

Flight risk





It is no secret to anyone who knows me, that I am terrified of flying. Funnily enough, the more I travel and the older I get, the more anxious and overwhelmed I become. I mean sure, before I hop on the plane, everything is great. I'm excited, feeling brave and usually I am well on my way to getting sufficiently boozed.



However, no matter how much I prepare myself for what is to come, an overwhelming and heart stopping fear creeps up inside of me as soon as those plane doors are shut. I go from being a placid traveller, to a cabin crew's worst nightmare.





Get me a drink!



Have you seen Bridesmaids? Because that pretty much sums me up.  I break out in a cold sweat, I start freaking myself (and anyone who is near me) out, recalling horrible things i've seen on t.v or read about in the paper. Of course it doesn't help that I became mildly obsessed with Air Crash Investigation back in '09. No- things definitely went down hill from then. 

I just don't get it. I mean how does a giant plane stay in the sky? How does it not fall?  Why is it that when I'm just about to travel, there is suddenly an influx of newsworthy plane engine malfunctions and or/crashes broadcasted for the world to see?
Lucky for me, I'll have  my good friend Amanda who has absolutely no idea just how much she is going to regret having me for a 'flight buddy' for our 13 hour flight to Los Angeles. 

Only 30 days until take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment