Thursday 27 September 2012

Dreamer...






It is official. I am a 'Londoner' now. I have been in London for over six months .  No longer can I get away with my paper back tube map- it is time to embrace my new status as a local.

It's funny, or maybe it isn't, but the more I invest in London, the more I have truly truly begun to love it. As summer is coming to an end, I am secretly looking forward to the London winter- hot cups of coffee in bed, snuggling up in my warm flat and sinking my teeth into a good book. And who can forget Christmas. Yes, yes I know, it is ages away. But I don't know, the idea of snow at Christmas- well quite frankly it is magical. I feel like a child again just thinking about it.  

But enough about London. I have harped on about it in previous blogs, and even though I am in the mood to deliver another sentimental treasure, I must firstly tell you about my most recent adventure. Do you remember Georgina? For those loyal  readers out there (dad, I am looking at you) Georgina was one of the members of Team America and the person that I travelled with throughout the U. S of A. After a whirlwind of emails, telephone calls and attempted skype dates, Georgina decided to come and visit me in London and then do a bit of Europe on the side. Me, being the eager beaver that I am, jumped on the opportunity to see Georgina and of course to see a bit more of Europe. Our agenda was as follows: San Sebastian, Krakow and Prague.  

























View of San Sebastian


I am not going to talk, or rather write too much about San Sebastian, simply because, in my mind, it cannot be compared to Krakow and Prague. Don't get me wrong- it is beautiful, warm and cheap, but for me, there was no real connection. Not like Krakow. Not like Prague. In all honesty, George and I spent the majority of our time in San Sebastian catching up, soaking up the sun and of course eating. If anyone wants tips on accommodation or food advice, then you know the drill. Comment, email and I'll let you know. But for right now,  I need to begin writing about Krakow and Prague before the feelings and the memories fade away... 




No comments:

Post a Comment