Tuesday 11 December 2012

It's my party and I'll cry if I want too

It's official. I am old. 

To those who still take the time out of their busy days to glimpse over my blog, I whole heartedly apologise (again) for my prolonged absence. You see I have been battling something so horrific, so gigantic and life changing that I have had barely anytime to think, let alone write.

Yes. It finally happened. I turned.. gulp.. 25- well a year older... Pipe down all you old cynics in the cheap seats, I can practically see you all rolling your eyes (dad). But girl to girl, you secretly all dread the concept of getting older, having to take on more responsibility and dare I say it.. become a grown up.

So yes, laugh at me all you like- but you all know what I am talking about.

Luckily for me- I got to celebrate my 25th  birthday in style, in the most incredible city in the world with all of my friends, some new, some old. The theme being monopoly....

The plan was simple. 26 pubs , one from each of the places on the monopoly board. We would start with Old Kent Road and finish with Mayfair... What could possibly go wrong? Especially when I was being helped by my two favourite people...
























Well, lets just say that five or so drinks later, it was obvious that we were not going to make all 26 bars, in fact, we would be lucky if we made four, which surprisingly - we did (just). 



































The beginning of the end...

























Spot the moustache...





It was an absolutely fantastic night which had me in drunken hysterics. Turns out being 25 older , does not make you more responsible or mature. Yup- I still managed to end the night with a bang! Still, it is my party, and I'll cry if I want too... If you don't like it, then on your bike! 





























Thank you to those who helped me organise it. Especially you, Feckhoff (if you're reading this from New Zealand) *sigh* and Anthony, if you're bored at work and having a quick glimpse. I truly mean it- you both made my night and let me be me. I love you both so much for it.  God knows, we better start brain storming for next year.... 21 seems SO old.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment