Tuesday 8 January 2013

Tis the season







I have never seen a city come to life like London in Christmas.






















I have to admit, I was weary at first as to how I would feel spending Christmas in the cold without my family.. I mean last Christmas, I sat outside in the glaring sun, with a big sun hat, my favourite sun dress and a glass of cool crisp champagne in my hand (well I guess that last thing made its way to London).

This year, I watched as London transformed itself in to (and quite literally) a winter wonderland.

As the big day arrived, I was pleased to see that Santa had received my forwarding address (thanks mum) and I would not be without presents on the day. Luckily for me, I was invited to spend Christmas with my British family; Jamie Oliver Anthony and his mum. This was to be like no other Christmas.... Not with Chef Anthony in charge...



































As acting sous chef, I was in charge of nibbles and dessert, both of which went down a treat if I may say so my self.

 The food was absolutely incredible. I had my first yorkshire pudding and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The mulled wine was flowing all day and when that ran out, the bubbles were cracked open. It truly was a special day which could have only been made better if I had been able to magically transport my family over. A girl can dream right? Still, I cannot complain. I was treated with amazing food, wine and of course, company.


The days flew between Christmas and New Year and suddenly 2013 was on my doorstep. As I welcomed 2013 into my life with friends, I could not help but wonder how 2013 could possibly match up to 2012. To me, 2013 is going to be a unpredictable and challenging year, for I now know how quickly my trip in London is going by and how very soon, 2014 will be trying to sneak into my life.  This time next year, I may be getting ready to pack my bag and starting a new adventure. I secretly hope not. Still, as always, I leave it to fate. 



























My New Years kiss!










For now I make the following resolutions.

To travel through Europe as much as I can 
To continue to meet new people
To enjoy every second of London (not so tough) 

To work out how I can stay. 14 months... not that I am counting

Happy New Year to all!!





No comments:

Post a Comment