Wednesday 9 January 2013

New Year Resolutions

Sitting here tonight and looking through my blog, I realised that I began writing my blog about this time last year. I cannot help but reminisce on my earlier entries. I can still remember the anticipation and nerves I had all the way back then. I really had no idea what I was in for, everything was so uncertain. 

As I read through my old entries, I stumbled across my 2012 New Year resolutions and could not help but laugh. You see after years of failing my standard ones, the one year that I decide to uproot my life, leave my job and move to a new country, all of the sudden, my life begins to fall into place.  Here, take a look:


I won't burden you with the highs and lows of 2011 but with such an exciting and nerve racking year ahead of me, I was eager to tell anyone who would listen, my goals and plans for 2012. I mean, they sure beat my normal annual goals (lose weight, meet the love of my life, stop drinking so much, pay off my credit card)... No- not this time. My goals are all to do with visiting as many countries as I can, to find the best espresso in Europe, to trace  my Irish heritage (turns out I have relatives in Waterford)  and ..well.. I suppose the other goals wouldn't go totally amiss.


I think I have done pretty well with my resolutions, but there is always room for improvement. I must go to Ireland this year, I must continue to travel and I must find the best espresso in Europe. 

Apart from that, I am pretty happy. More than that. I am ecstatic.  If only I had known back then that I was about to tick off one long standing resolution in London. It was almost as though it had been waiting for me this whole time.


Anyway, enough reflection, it is time to look ahead! Time to get my wallet out and start planning my next trip. Did some one say Morocco? 



No comments:

Post a Comment