Tuesday 24 April 2012

Where'd she go...?

I realised today that it has been a while since my last post. Don't worry- I have not dropped off the face of the earth, I am still here and life is pretty good. In my defence, things have been busy with settling into my new job and I find that all of the sudden the weeks are flying by and we are almost in May. Before you know it, I'll be 24 and a half (May 18th people- all presents and cards welcome). Scary stuff I tell you.


Moving on...


As I said, things have been incredibly busy on this side of the world and I am sad to say, my blog has suffered as a result. Sorry blog.  I have been exploring London in between meeting new people with every spare moment of time that I have. And I hate to say it, but it is strange to think that already I have been here one whole month. Only twenty three left.


I came over here with the philosophy to try everything, do as much as possible and say yes to every opportunity that presents itself. I am proud to say that I have embraced London in all of its glory and have pretty much said yes to everything. Aunty Anna- you would be proud. As a result, I have met some wonderful people, gone from one end of London to the other and I have even spent an afternoon paddle boating in Hyde Park. It was one of my favourite things that I've done here and it went down a treat with a g & t.


The month that I have been in London has been full of highs and lows. There have been a few tough moments that have had me question why I came here, but then those moments
have been cancelled out by the amazing people that I have met and the opportunities that I have been given. With the risk of sounding corney, (though I fear it may be too late..) this journey has truly changed my whole view on everything and  it has only fuelled my desire to keep travelling around the world and do as much as possible.


Already, I have had the opportunity to travel to Belfast (courtesy of work) and this weekend I am off to see the infamous pebble beach at Brighton. I can't wait. Next weekend, I'm heading to Paris for a weekend of wine, cheese and more wine. In June- Galway in Ireland. After that, who knows? I've got my eye on Jordan and Morrocco. Anybody keen?


Unfortunately I have settled down on the photo taking front so alas- once again you have had to read through my babble with limited photos to distract you. But, do not worry. There are so many exciting things on the horizon that I will be sure to have my camera ready.  Below are a few odds and ends that I found for you all. I promise that I will go back to Hyde Park and take more pictures as I simply loved it there. Nicole and Jared, it is the British verision of Central Park. Seriously.



Looking over Hyde Park on a Saturday afternoon...







Hyde Park








Delicious.







A small drink after a hard day paddle boating...







Titanic memorial in Belfast (it has been a 100 years you know?)



The below three pictures are from my daily walk over Waterloo Bridge to work. I honestly feel like Bridget Jones when I walk over the Bridge. Haha. No in all seriousness, the photos do not do these sites justice. Every morning (when it is sunny that is), I actually have a wee 'I can't believe I live here' moment as I see St Pauls and Big Ben staring back at me. It is pretty damn cool.




























No comments:

Post a Comment