Sunday 1 July 2012

There's no place like home












As I am sitting here on a quiet Sunday afternoon, it has suddenly occurred to me that very few of you have seen where I am currently living. To tell you a bit about it, I live in a small suburb called Streatham Common. Google it. Streatham Common is relatively little and it is right down the Southern End of London. Although choosing to live in the 'South' has given rise to a few raised eyebrows by friends and colleagues, I really like the area I live in and have decided that the 30 minute commute to work is worth having the space and tranquility that this area of London offers. Although there isn't a huge party scene down this end, Clapham Junction is only a short nine minute train ride away and in fifteen minutes, I can be in Central London at the Victoria Overground. 


Eventually, as I start to get to know London better and the people in it, I would love to move closer to town in a more 'happening' area. Now that I have a permanent job (did I mention that?) and a steady pay cheque to rely on, maybe I will look at moving before the year is out.  For now though, I am content with my quiet and quaint little flat.  Have a look at the photos and see what you think.






My street




































































Welcome to my room!























View from my window into our garden















No comments:

Post a Comment