Tuesday 27 March 2012

Californication

























For you mum!




I don't have a lot to write about my 24 hours spent in Los Angeles. Originally, Los Angeles was more of a pit stop to allow me to catch up on some much needed sleep before boarding my ten hour flight to London. However, as a seasoned traveller,  I knew that I had to make the most of my time in LA and explore the sandy shores in the day that I had left. If I'm being honest, I was secretly hoping to 'bump' in to at least someone rich and famous after the disappointment of not seeing George Clooney in New York. 


Sarah and I decided to head in to Manhattan Beach and have a look around. It was deceivingly cold in LA that day, despite the city harbouring a cloudless jet blue sky. It was a lovely way to spend a Sunday- mindlessly wandering around with our hot coffees (triple shot Americano-boom!) and talking about our travels. As I walked along the beach and thought about my journey, it really hit me that I was not going home like everybody else after this trip. Instead, I was continuing on to London, the Motherland, and the unknown. Gulp.


As I slowly made my way back to the hotel with Sarah to get my bags, I had a moment of sheer panic in which I realised that:


1. I was moving to a strange city.
2. I only had one friend in this strange city.
3. I was officially involuntarily unemployed.
4. I had no flat or permanent place to live.
5. I had no bank account.
6. I had lost my drinking buddies.
7. I hated flying and had to get on another damn plane.


Still, I did it. I got on that plane, took my wee pills and tried to calm myself down (with the help of a wine).  And here I am.


America, you surprised me. I had an absolute ball and I have already decided that I will be back within the year. New York and Washington D.C look out.



Thank you for having me America. It was great. Better than I could have ever imagined. London, you had better pull your socks up- the bar has been set.  




Our American Journey




































































No comments:

Post a Comment