Thursday 1 March 2012

I'm leaving on a jet plane... don't know when I'll be back again...




My bags are packed and I am ready to go. Tomorrow the rest of my life will begin.  I fly for 12.25 hours across the world to Los Angeles and then on to New Orleans. In exactly a week, I will be in New York. In two weeks, Las Vegas. Three weeks and I will be setting up my new life in London.


I guess as a nervous flyer, I wonder whether I should leave this blog with some sort of statement just in case something happens- but then those of you who matter know me well enough to know how much I  wanted to do this trip. I believe in fate and destiny and for now, this is what I need to do. Although I hate the idea of flying and leaving my family and friends, I am overwhelmed with the excitement of seeing places that I have only ever read about or seen on T.V.

This is my time and I am so lucky to have had the support of family and friends to take the plunge and leap in to the unknown.

To my friends in Auckland ( Council and beyond), I am sorry that I did not give you a proper goodbye- but, if I thought that I would never see you again, then I would never leave. You are all truly special people and I cannot wait to hear about your adventures (big and small) in the coming years.

Perhaps I will see one or two of you in the Motherland...?

To my other friends (you know who you are) I expect email updates and skype dates. I wish you all the best and can't wait to meet somewhere, someday, in the world.

To my family- slightly harder. What can I say.

I love you, I thank you and I'll be seeing you..

Right that's my sentimental speech done and dusted. This is what happens when you become a lawyer- everything becomes a drama.

Adios, ciao and au revoir.

I'll touch base from the U S A.



1 comment:

  1. laura! i just read though it all and it is all so exciting!! sounds like you are in for a life changing trip so be safe and have fun! such a good idea to put it online so that you have a record of all the madness for the future.

    xxx

    cat.

    ReplyDelete